Leather Care & Cleaning
To continue Vintage Leather Bazaar leather bags in best condition and keep that beautiful, there are some easy steps you can take.
Dealing with a Wet Leather Bag
When your own bag becomes wet, be sure you dried up it carefully in a warm, dry area, such as around a radiator (even though not on the radiator because this could be extremely hot and also may cause the leather-based to go stiff). It can also help in the event you stuff certain balls of scrunched up paper inside the handbag along with the pockets to ensure that it dries faster and in pattern.
Rebuilding a Dry Leather Bag
When your leather satchel begins to turn out to be dry and also rough to the feel (probably a result of often getting wet) after which it is important to exchange the herbal oils which have been washed away. We provide all our leather bags 1 coat of rapeseed oil , that helps waterproof them and maintain the leather-based nourished and also lustrous.
If you need to maintain your leather-based satchels nourished, when it seems dry simply sponge the leather-based with sunflower, newborn, vegetable or rapeseed oil until the entire of the leather-based satchel has got a lighting coating. After that dry the leather-based satchel for a day, in a place comfortable and airy, such as an airing cabinet. Within this process the color of the leather satchel might go several shades darker however this will lighten up since the leather dries. This is often repeated every time you believe the leather has become dry or perhaps you want to give your current leather satchel that additional bit of specific care.
Natural leather Odor
With normally suntanned leather-based there is certainly the chance that your brand-new bag could have a natural leather smell for the very first week or even two whenever you receive it. We really like this odor, but when you discover it just a little overwhelming after that the a lot more you use your brand new bag the faster any smell will mellow. If you would like a few quick options then try these:
- Febreze Material Classic - this will likely reduce the effects of any smell with just a few sprays to the inside the natural leather bag. Fabreze is offered from most large grocery stores you could read more regarding it here.
- Baking Powder - a dusting of baking powder inside the handbag and also left overnight will certainly soak up any dampness and therefore reduce the smell. (This is often quite untidy though and may well momentarily leave white powder marks inside your own lovely leather satchel).
- Important & Scented Oils - several drops of your selected scent ( lemon , jasmine or almond as an example ) on tissue paper, which you carefully massage over the outside and also within the bag may have them smelling great very quickly.
Maintaining Scratches in the Natural leather
Almost all our leather bags are strong and hardwearing along with a scratch and a scratch here would only add to its distressed looks still when a scratch doesn't wipe away with your own finger then a rub of some kind of vegetable, sunflower, baby or rapeseed oil on 100 % cotton wool will often are effective.
Re-Waterproofing a Leather-based Bag
The oiling process which we have performed throughout the production of your leather-based bag provides good protection against the components but when you need to do would like to additional waterproof your own leather bag after that listed here are a few choices:
- Nikwax waterproofing wax for leather-based – this is often an excellent water-proofer for leather-based.
- Collonil leather gel - a fairly good way to maintain your satchel water resistant (Mulberry suggest it so that it needs to be a good idea).